We had a great musical line-up in 2015 with Michael Monroe, Erik Berry (mandolin player from Trampled by Turtles, The Clover Street Cronies and singer/songwriter, Jamie Ness.
And lots of fun was had by all attendees who tried to weave on a loom, throw a pot on an electric wheel or make a sculpture from driftwood. There was lots to learn with demonstrations in hot glass, wood turning, portrait drawing, painting and a jug band workshop!
We are looking forward to another great musical line up and ample opportunities to engage in art activities in 2016. Check it out.
Art on display: in tents, on stage, by the beach
Looking to enjoy some live music and theatre, grab a bite to eat or get in touch with your artistic side? Just follow your nose, or your ears—since the food is located adjacent to the live performance area stage, demonstration tents and family art activities area.
See the map and list of 2016 artists
• Saturday music stage performances by The Boomchucks, a staple Duluth rock n roll band featuring original songs by Jamie Ness and Brad Nelson; and singer-songwriter-violinist Gaelynn Lea, winner of National Public Radio’s 2016 Tiny Desk Contest.
• Sunday stage performances by The Hankies, Duluth’s Hank Williams Sr. country music tribute band; and singer-guitarist Jim Hall, a local legend of bluegrass, folk and rock sound.
Food trucks and finds
• Food vendors selling everything from BBQ and gyros to kettle corn and ice cream.
• Free family make-and-take art area where visitors can delve into the fun.
• Artist demos offer a closer look at forming hot glass, fiber arts, woodturning, drawing and other processes.
MAKE AND TAKE ART TENT:
BOTH DAYS: sculptures and assemblages. All ages. Free; donations accepted.
SATURDAY: Bagriy Creative Studios -Create a group painting with other attendees under the direction of artists from Bagiry Creative Studios